Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Welcome to Sandra Travels Canada!

Hi! I'm Sandra and my husband, Lee, and I, and our family love to road trip. Sometimes it's just the 2 of us, sometime my mom and kids (Brianna, Olivia and Joshua) come with us. Always road trips as my husband doesn't fly (though my mom and I have a flight trip planned for a few years from now). We live near Ottawa, Ontario

I grew up flying across country at least once a year, so flying is boring. Road trips mean we can alter our route, stop at that cool unplanned place we saw a sign for, and just SEE our country. 

My mom and husband are the drivers. I don't drive. When it's just Lee and I, he does all the driving. He suffers from an anxiety disorder and while driving in big cities heightens his anxiety, doing our road trips has helped calm him and learn coping skills. When my mom is road tripping with us, she does 90% of the driving so Lee gets a break. I am the navigator and major planner. I read maps/GPS and give all directions. I plan 95% of our trips. I DO ask everyone else what they want to do, but we're a pretty easy going family who just likes to GO. Our kids are great travelers. I will include their ages at the time of trips and ideas that we used to keep them entertained.


As good Canadians, we always start our road trips with Tim Hortons ;)

We try to get a big road trip planned for every 2-3 years. We are lower-middle class so we can't afford to just dash off and spend thousands every few months. We do a lot of budgeting and pre-buying to do our cool trips. I will touch in on as much money saving tips I can in this blog.

Past trips that I will be covering:
- Ontario to BC and back
- Northern Ontario
- East Coast

Trips we have planned:
- Prince Edward Island
- Southern Ontario
- Edmonton (flight trip)

I hope you can get some ideas from my blog! Please leave comments on anything that's helpful <3

No comments:

Post a Comment